All about the new (to me) music these days. I've spent about $50 on music in the last week and a half and I'm still not satisfied. There's one particular album I still want, but I've got to get around to ordering it off of Amazon since it's an import. Silly Welsh boys being good at that emo-punk-pop thing I like so much. Anyway, all I've been doing aside from sleeping and working is listening to music. And I usually just listen to music while I work and sleep too.
I almost bought the Eclipse soundtrack too. The movies may be pretty terrible and full of clichés, but whoever they have running their music is pretty much amazing. I did get the Muse track though. I always liked Muse, so I like that they contribute to the soundtracks, especially since they receive heavy credit as inspiration for the author getting through the writing of the books. It's a bit ironic considering their name is Muse.
So...the music. In all, I think I made out pretty well, considering the money I spent. It feels good to buy legit music, but mostly I'm just too lazy to find a good site to get it from for free. I mostly stayed around the above mentioned emo-punk-pop genre, cause that's what I've been feeling lately, and I don't have a lot in that department that I haven't had and listened to for a few years now. New artists to my playlist include: Civil Twilight, Danger Is My Middle Name, Forever The Sickest Kids, Red Car Wire, A Rocket To The Moon, School Boy Humor, Stereo Skyline, This Providence and The 22-20s. Returning artists in new song form include: Death Cab For Cutie, Flyleaf, Muse, My American Heart, Secondhand Serenade, Sun 41 and Weezer.
It's not all a mixed up genre mash, but they aren't all so different that you wouldn't ever find them on a playlist together. I also picked up a song from the Bones soundtrack called Bring On The Wonder by Susan Enan and Sarah McLachlan. I just pretty much love all the music from Bones (kind of like I do from the Twilight movies) and I own a lot of it already.
There was one guilty pleasure song too. Ke$ha. Not gonna lie, when I'm driving down the highway and one of her songs comes on the radio, I generally blast it and sing at the top of my lungs while I try not to drive off the road during a mini car-driving dance routine. It's embarrassing, I know, but COME ON!!! You can't say her songs aren't fun. I didn't get Tik Tok as I've heard it about a million times, but I picked up her newest single Your Love Is My Drug. Just as fun, just as shallow and just as singable. I have right to love any music I want, so there.
There's other stuff besides music going on in my life too, but that's pretty much center stage right now. I took my sister out tonight and we got frozen custard (what's the difference between custard and ice cream?) and we went to the park for a while. I'm planning on taking her out to swim next week before she runs off to camp again. She already went to camp once already this summer and she's going again in July, so I've got to squeeze in some sisterly bonding time where I can. It's nice that she lives so close now and that she's old enough to just go hang out with me without her mom freaking out. It's still weird that I'm a big sister. I mean, I've been a big sister for half my life now, but I guess it didn't really hit me until I started taking her out and doing stuff with her. We've already hung out a handful of times in the last six weeks or so, which about equals how many times I've seen her since she was five. So yeah, good times.
Guess that's it for now. Still waiting to hear back about my apartment application that I put in on Monday. If I get the place, I'll be moving around July 6th. Keep your fingers crossed!
Songs to consider:
Talking Birds (Death Cab For Cutie)
Boys! Grab Your Guns (My American Heart)
Letdown (This Providence)
Your Love Is My Drug (Ke$ha)
Bring On The Wonder (Susan Enan feat. Sarah McLachlan)
No comments:
Post a Comment