Mmm, I love new (to me) music. Sometimes, I just go into iTunes and pick a song I like and build up a brand new playlist of songs through Genius that I (mostly) haven't heard before. What comes from that is something I can listen to for weeks with increasing enjoyableness with every cycle through the list. So I'm excited to travel with this music here in a few days when I'm stuck on a plane/in the airport on my way to (and from) Albuquerque.
Now, most of the titles suggest a theme, but it was totally accidental. Still fun, but a completely innocent happening. Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something...
Enjoy!
1. Alibis (Marianas Trench)
2. Hypertronic Superstar (The New Cities)*
3. One Night Stand (Exit This Side)
4. Your Man (Down With Webster)
5. You And I Tonight (Faber Drive)
6. We'll Be Alright (Travie McCoy)
7. We Are Young (3OH!3)
8. You Look Better When I'm Drunk (The White Tie Affair)
9. Tell Me (No Love Lost)
10. Secrets (OneRepublic)
11. Catch Me If You Can (Burnham)
12. Here With You (Allstar Weekend)
13. Last Night (Good Charlotte)
14. My Body (Young The Giant)
15. Suicide Sunday (The Friday Night Boys)*
* These songs do not fit in with the title theme that the other ones otherwise imply. Not unless the hypothetical situation one could draw from the theme was set in space and ended really badly. So...not really. :)
And yes, I know this playlist makes me look like a 12-year-old girl (except for the overlying theme), but I sometimes need a pop-y playlist for my cold and dark drive to work. It keeps things looking a little...brighter? Besides, I tend to alternate listening to playlists like this with hard rock and/or indie rock. So sue me!
Now about that nap I should be taking...
2 comments:
I always love the songs that you post. I try to listen to each one. Thanks for the amazing contributions to my music library.
64968.....90507
Post a Comment