For a while there, I was becoming concerned with my utter lack of finding any new music I wanted on iTunes. Turns out, I just needed a little inspiration. I started the newest set of songs a few days ago, but finally finished it today. It's an interesting mix, with no real correlation between the songs. But it's got some decent rock music on there, and I think I needed to finally get some good new (to me) rock to enjoy at a loud volume whilst driving down the highway. It helps wake me up for work and alternately, it helps me loosen up after work. Which...let's face it, I need just about every day. Another plus is that I'll have plenty of new music to listen to on my way to and from Rolla next weekend. So many pluses, so few (meaning none) drawbacks! Anyway, I should be sleeping in preparation of waking up early (at 4 pm) to get ready for the roomie's wedding shower. Should be fun. :)
Title: Anthropophagy
1. Carry On - Valencia
2. Happiness - Dance Gavin Dance
3. The General Public - The Morning after Girls
4. New Low - Middle Class Rut
5. All of the Lights - Kanye West feat. Rihanna
6. Hopeless Romantic - Late Night Habit
7. Shake Me Down - Cage The Elephant
8. Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
9. What Happened To Emotion? (Killing Me) - Forever The Sickest Kids
10. Say You'll Haunt Me - Stone Sour
11. Like I Do - Envy On The Coast
12. Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia) - Patrick Stump
13. Kick In The Teeth - Papa Roach
14. All The Lovers - Trace The Skyline
15. The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
16. Dragonfly - Shaman's Harvest
17. Just In Time - There For Tomorrow
18. E.T. - Katy Perry feat. Kanye West
19. American Landslide - Eye Alaska
20. End Of Me - Apocalyptica feat. Gavin Rossdale
Bonus track: Machine Gun Blues - Social Distortion
Double points to anyone who knows what the title means without googling it. :)
On a related note, I bought Patrick Stump's EP Truant Wave feeling excited that the bulk of the music would be similar to Spotlight, which he'd released already. Sad to say, I was a bit disappointed. I really just don't like any of the other songs all that much. I truly hope his debut album has a better sound overall. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to say that even though I'm sure he's a good lyricist, the music that he makes to go with those words just don't feel like Patrick Stump. We shall see.
Off to bed I go!
No comments:
Post a Comment