12 July 2007

Final call at the piano bar

This insomnia is killing me. Well, maybe that's a little melodramatic, but I don't particularly enjoy not being able to sleep if there is no one else around to hang out with. I just spent the last three hours making up a fictional family cause I was bored and couldn't just lay down and NOT sleep. I should look into getting some sleeping pills so I can force myself to get through the sleeplessness.

Today...wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped it would be. I didn't sleep well last night, so dragging myself out of bed to shower this morning was pretty rough. But I did get to see the new Harry Potter movie today. I was overall, very satisfied with the quality of the film. Some might complain, but hey, they've got two hours to show a 700 page adventure novel in. If you look at it that way, you've got to admit they did a pretty damn good job. Now I'm looking forward to the next book with great anticipation. I told myself I'd read the first six beforehand and so far I'm only halfway through the second. I really should get on that.

Anyway, the not so nice part of my day. After the movie, I was planning on going and hanging out with Mikey again. But he wanted me to go to church with him so I figured I'd just have my brother drop me off at Mike's house so I wouldn't have to worry about getting home in time for him to have the car to go to work. He leaves me at Mike's and I get a phone call from him. He starts yelling at me for using all the gas in the car (which I didn't) and I told him we'd talk about it tomorrow and hung up on him cause I was being rude to Mikey. Next thing I get this text message from him and he's calling me names and demanding money for gas and telling me to clean up after myself cause he's not my maid. That wasn't very nice. I don't even have a bedroom at home and despite trying to put all of the stuff I have away, some of it has to sit out cause I've got no place for it. But I am by no means a messy person. My dirty dishes make it to the sink and my dirty clothes always make it out of the bathroom. So I tell him to not talk to me that way and he retorts with an even nastier message threatening me with "drastic measures" if I don't give him his money. At this point he's starting to sound like my father (who is one of my least favorite people). I tell him to chill and be nice and he comes back with telling me to be nice to our mother and stop being lazy and blah blah blah. I mean, there's only so many times you can try to tell someone to stop being mean. I told him that he had been more financially supported by our mother than I had cause I've supported myself the last four years in college. And he didn't like that and definitely didn't believe me. So that kinda wasn't a very fun time. Bummed me out a little, truthfully.

After that debacle, I went to church with Mikey. I don't mind it, but every time I go, I remember why I don't bother going normally. I don't feel like I belong. I don't usually agree with the whole concept of having to spend my life atoning for something I didn't do. And I feel like people can see that in me and it makes me uncomfortable. So that's just awkward when you're sitting in a room full of people who have convinced themselves that the only way to live is to work their way to forgiveness.

Aside from all that, I guess the day was fairly decent. I'm about to go work on that sleep thing again cause my mom wants me to have lunch with her tomorrow and that means I've got to get up and shower before lunchtime. Maybe the news tomorrow will have improved.

Songs to the think about:

Shaking (Sugarcult)
Bleed It Out (Linkin Park)

No comments: