...I don't want to hate myself, don't want to hurt you.
Lately I've been allowing myself to be dragged down into a mentality that focuses me on the little things more so than anything with greater significance. I mean, I've been spending the last few days in Tennessee around my family and since there are little kids, I am acting more so like one than usual. Not in the maturity sense. Just in that, I want to nap after every meal and I want to sleep at like, nine pm and that's just not me. I think I'll be better and a little more normal when I get back to Rolla tomorrow.
Speaking of Rolla, I'm very much looking forward to getting back there. I know that seems strange, but I get to live in an apartment for the summer. I get my own room with a futon and a full sized kitchen and all of that just makes me happy. Seems dumb, but whatever. I like being excited about the little things. Like now, I've been in an X Files kick. I'm nearly halfway through season 2 and when I'm not watching it, I find myself sitting and thinking about the stories and the characters. It's more addicting than reading a book sometimes.
On another note, I think (but definitely hope it to be untrue) that I'm getting yet ANOTHER ear infection. I seriously need to consider getting tubes put in. I mean, I had all of one chronic ear infection in my entire childhood and have had at least 4 major ones since starting college. That's not really a record I'm ever going to be proud of. We'll see how it works out. I had a false alarm a few weeks ago (water in the ear), so maybe this is the same case. I hear Scully and Mulder calling my name. Until next time...
Songs to consider:
Your Winter (Sister Hazel)
No comments:
Post a Comment