30 June 2008

I'm all for believing

Have you ever just felt...blank? Like a void? The complete and utter lack of feeling. I find myself feeling just that. Nothing. And all at once, nothing is a very intense thing to feel. It's almost like sickness. You feel your head go numb and the bile reaches up into you throat, like a monster gnawing its way out of you. Overwhelming.

And what do you do to feel something again? What something would you choose to feel? Is terror better than a void? Sadness? Anger? Madness?

Can any of those fill the void like happiness or calm or delight? When your heart pounds so fast and hard that you literally feel as if you are going to explode...what's that? Pain?

To feel the sweat cover my body, and the heat to consume every breath I take...it's almost better than joy. It feels alive.

I want to feel raw. Free. Dangerous and uninhibited. Who will be there to see me fall?

Songs to consider:

All For Believing (Missy Higgins)
Hailin' on the Edge (Apparat)
The Sky Is Broken (Moby)

No comments: