"One day, you'll ask me to speak of a truth - of the miracle of your birth. To explain what is unexplained. And if I falter or fail on this day, know there is an answer, my child, a sacred imperishable truth, but one you may never hope to find alone. Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangerer. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys - a search for truths fugitive and imponderable. If one day this chance may befall you, my son, do not fail or falter to seize it. The truths are out there. And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken. For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart." - The X Files
I often wonder what words I will have for my children. What truths can I pass on to them? What wisdom would I share? Will there lives be free from hurt and sadness, or will they feel as broken as I have felt at times? No one can truly understand the life of a child before that child has even come into existence. All you can hope for is that each child you create will come into the world and make it better for those around them. No one wants to see sadness or desperation. Especially through the eyes of a child. What we do want is simply to have someone to love and cherish. Someone we can teach and learn from. If life were so simple, the mind might not need to be so complex. Something to hope for. For the future.
Songs to consider:
Take A Picture (Filter)
No comments:
Post a Comment