My night since midnight has made me think a little about my friends. Stacy came over around ten or ten thirty after her commitments for the night had ended, followed by Jacob around midnight. I consider the two my best friends, and as such, they are privy to more of my time and energy than most others I choose to surround myself with. Sometimes it is simply a matter of prior commitments that keeps us apart, but the importance of our friendships is not diminished by time or distance. We still find time to praise each other, talk through our bad days and amuse ourselves with the antics we each enjoy being a part of.
I find myself extremely lucky to possess two friends such as these here with me now. Though both are sleeping soundlessly (triumphantly taking up two thirds of my small twin mattress), their being here is more than enough to make my night feel a little better, despite it not feeling bad to begin with. Throughout the years I have known these two, I have encountered many highs and lows, grown far apart from others and gained confidence in their gut instincts and feelings. For these traits or their tolerance of above mentioned character flaws on my part, no other pair could compare. (Excuse the unintentional rhyming, it's on the late side of my evening)
I'm unsure of what the days to come will bring us, especially as I prepare to leave them here in Rolla without me. I will be most sad to have to go when it comes to the time I leave Jacob and Stacy, as if being forced to leave my siblings behind in the great unknown. For me, having them as my anchor has been and will hopefully continue to be, the reason I am still sane in this wonderfully frustrating place I call home. We're all in this together and with that thought, my anxiety is eased. I can only hope that a year from now, and a year after that and so on, I can still feel then what I feel now when I see the two of them light up my world a little, no matter the dark and dreary day fate brings to me.
Songs to consider:
Some of Us (Starsailor) --> Might be a repeat, but well worth the encore mention
No comments:
Post a Comment