02 February 2009

We will last just a little while longer

Today, I've been thinking about dying. Well, not me dying specifically, but about people dying in general. I try to stick to the whole "everyone dies" philosophy in general, but sometimes that just doesn't cover the whole ordeal of dealing with death. What happens when a friend dies? Not someone in your family who you love and grew up with, but someone you spend your days with, joke around with, eat lunch with. What about those people you love? I realized that I'm afraid. Afraid of other people dying. I don't know. I don't know what it's like to know someone as a friend and lose them. And now I'm hoping I never do. I know that's not really possible, but maybe I don't want to see anyone die for a long time. Not my generation, my friends. :/

Sort of depressing thing to think about, but I'm pretty tired...too tired to read, so work is just another opportunity to go over things in my head. And actually, the whole process came about after listening to a song off of the latest Hawthorne Heights album, Fragile Future. They released it after one of their band members died and it's about his death. That just made me think of my friends dying suddenly, and it made me sad to think about.

I also thought some about the interactions between boys and girls, but that didn't get a whole lot of thought compared to the previous part of the post. I just thought a little about how girls and guys think about things differently when it comes to each other. It's easier to see it happen than to experience it because you become caught up in the friendship/relationship and believe what you want to believe. I don't like using the word disillusioned, but some weaker form of that is probably a little true. Hmm. Love Me If You Dare shows the sort of destructive dynamic that can develop when two parties choose to ignore the obvious. Except the characters use a game to deceive each other and not just normal devices like the rest of us.

I wonder how much it would hurt to play such a game? Or would the thrill more than make up for the deception?

Well, I'm including the fourth post from break. It's a short one. :)

Songs to consider:

If I Were A Boy (Beyonce)
Disenchanted (My Chemical Romance)
Four Become One (Hawthorne Heights)

Backlog Journal Entry #4 (31 December 2008, 12:01 AM)

God, this sucks.

No comments: