17 March 2009

My eyes change from kinda green to kinda blue

Life's been good to me lately. I stayed sober for St. Pat's, which ended up being a really good plan. It was a really long week regardless. Let's see, I went home the weekend before and ended up having an awesome time. Run down:

Went home Friday, chilled, took a nap, went out to a country bar (ick) with my mom and some of her co-workers (where I had a drink called the redneck out of a quart mason jar, awesome!), then went out to rockbar with Aaron and his gf Heather. We met up with Berto and three of his friends and aside from the semi-molestation dance I was getting from Aaron and Heather, I had a pretty awesome time. I drank quite a bit though, so I took the rest of the weekend off.

Saturday I went to a gun range for the first time ever. Berto owns a gun and was all like, you have to go, so we did and let me tell ya, it was pretty awesome. I owned him with my skills too. Makes me feel happy inside. I got a bullseye...and now Berto calls me Bullseye as a nickname. Makes me happy. I went back home after and decided to grill out since it was so nice. It took forever for the fast ready coals to be ready...which is just ironic, but we had tasty food and that was that.

I had been talking to Berto while cooking and mentioned that I almost didn't want to go to the party I had been invited to cause I only knew one person and I didn't really want to drink again that night. So he mentioned ditching to go see Watchmen with him and so I ditched Aaron (and then told him he knows how it feels) to see the movie with Berto. It was pretty good, but really long. And all the giggly girls made me want to roll my eyes. After the movie, we grabbed food (at 2/3 AM) and then I went home and passed out.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. Just drove back home to Rolla and chilled doing nothing the rest of the night. I wrote a lot though, having been inspired to do so. Monday and Tuesday passed without consequence, except I had a big program to put on Tuesday that went over really well. 300 people showed up and that was about 225 more than I was expecting...so that was awesome. Then after the program, Berto and I watched Closer (which few people appreciate) and then chilled til like, 3 am.

Then it was St. Pat's!!! Wednesday, I rode around in the car with Berto while he sober drove for Delta Sig and that's just a whole barrel of fun right there. I'm not being sarcastic either, it really was fun. Thursday, I spent the morning at Gonzo and Games doing nothing useful, then napped and talked to Berto all evening while he went to the Beta Sig rave I couldn't go to (stupid Greek list).

Friday was more games that I didn't play, and then more sober driving. Aaron came into town to party and stayed in my room for the weekend (which is why I made him wash all my linens after being drunk and gross all weekend). I hung out with Berto all night Friday and we watched Twilight and picked up drunk people.

Saturday was the parade, which wasn't nearly as exciting as I was hoping for. I'd never watched one in Rolla though, so whatevs. I hung out with Berto more (surprise, surprise) then had to help with the concert. It was pretty awesome being on the crew, but with no sleep, it was still very draining. After the concert, I went to a Delta Sig party with Berto but we didn't stay long cause we were both sober so it wasn't too much fun. We went back to his room and watched Dane Cook and some of Role Models before I passed out in the middle of it.

Sunday, more hanging out, lunch at Denny's, etc. And I guess somewhere between early Saturday morning (which was still part of Friday night) and Sunday, I ended up with a boyfriend (which is just a weird word to me). So yeah...sober St. Pat's = fun times for Tori.

Now...it's the weird middle week between two breaks and I'm secretly hating every minute of it cause I just want to do nothing. I'm going home at midnight on Thursday cause I've got to be in KC for a doctor's appt on Friday morning. Then the plan for Friday is letting my mom meet Berto (major ick) then dinner before seeing HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited? Anyway, that's Friday, then I don't know what Saturday looks like before I have to be at the airport to fly out to Vegas Saturday night. I'm excited, but it's also a week away from a new bf. Look out Sprint, text message abuse ahead. :)

When I get back from Vegas on the 28th, I am going out with Aaron and Heather and bringing along Stacy and her bf John (once they get back from Vegas too) and the six of us (Berto being the sixth) are going to have a night of it. 21+ even. :)

Long post, all about my boring (or exciting) life. Thanks for tuning in. You may hear from me soon, but maybe not. No promises.

Songs to consider:

Again Again (Lady Gaga)

2 comments:

David said...

Tori, your life fascinates me (in a good way). Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!