03 March 2009

It gains the more it gives

The flu strikes again! I blame myself really. I said just two or three days ago that I hadn't gotten sick yet this year and viola! Flu. Sigh. It's alright though, I'm working through it. I'm properly drugged and such and until it passes, that's about all I can do. No need to drag my feet through the mud just because I can.

I guess I'm going home again this weekend. And it's just funny how the whole time I'm there, I've got something to do. My mom has this work dinner thing at some new bar and grill place and wants me to go with her, then Angels is having a big party Friday night for their first birthday, so I'll probably go there too. Then Saturday I'm supposed to go to the shooting range to fire a gun and play with targets. There will be pictures, so if there's a good one, I'll put it up for all to see. (I've never even held a gun, so this'll be a first). Then Saturday night I'm going to a birthday party for someone I met the last time I went home. She promised not to throw up this time, so I guess I have to give her another chance. Heh. So yeah...that's my already planned out weekend. Somewhere in there I will need to teach my mom how to use wireless internet (oh joy) and maybe even manage to clean some laundry or do some homework (so not going to happen). Then it's back to Rolla for three days of class and another SUB program. Then St. Pat's!!!

The concert is going to be really big this year and since I'm a director I am part of the crew. I'm cool with it though cause it's backstage access with the bands and all the get togethers for the weekend. I'm looking forward to that side of a concert. After St. Pat's break is over, it's another four days of class before going back to KC again...

I have a doctor's appt. on the 20th, then I'm supposed to go to the Hollywood Undead/Senses Fail concert that night, but I'm not sure about that yet. Then I'm flying out to Vegas on Saturday night with Stacy and her boyfriend John and we'll be meeting our friend Kristi out there. I'm hoping it'll be an awesome week. We're staying at the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino (the one with the roller coasters on top of the tower) and we'll be going out to the Grand Canyon for a night to camp (which is exciting). Only six more weeks of class after that. I'm not really looking forward to anything involving April or May, so yeah...blah.

Shrug. I'm still writing, so you can still check out stuff on the website I listed a few posts back. Guess that's it. :)

Songs to consider:

Goodbye To You (Michelle Branch)
All The Things You Said (t.A.T.u.)
Let Go (Frou Frou)

No comments: