13 May 2010

Broken hearts are here to stay

For some reason, I'm feeling pretty great today. I have no idea why, but since it doesn't often happen that I feel good without provocation, I'm gonna roll with it. So, anyway, I think this good mood has something to do with my resolve on this guy thing. I'm standing by what I said in my last post about not being closed to the idea of dating another guy, but I'm pretty darned sure I don't want to date this one. I require balance and since I'm not ray of sunshine, I definitely don't need a black hole pulling be down. So there. I just gotta let the guy down gently. It's liberating knowing that I have the choice to make though. Maybe that's why I'm in a good mood. Heh, that sort of makes me sound like I'm going to get pleasure from hurting the guy, but I'm not a sociopath, I swear!

So I really, really want to go sailing sometime. I don't know how or where or when, but I want to. I'm wearing these pajama pants that I bought at The Gap that have sailboats all over them and it really makes me want to get out on the ocean on a brilliantly sunny day and sail. Or watch someone else do the sailing while I enjoy the breeze. It sounds so freeing. It also makes me want to go to Boston. I usually don't work after Monday mornings til Friday nights, so maybe I can get a flight out this summer and spend a few days being touristy. It sounds pretty awesome.

Speaking of the summer, my mom has committed to buying me a pair of tickets to see Manchester United play the Wizards at Arrowhead this summer! I am really excited about that. 40,000 screaming soccer fans watching their hometown team play one of the best teams in the world? Hell. Yes.

I'm real chatty today, but I don't have a reason why. Maybe I'm just starting to feel the excitement of summer. I know it's not the same as a summer away from school, but the weather is still nice and the whole idea of moving out and having my own life again and doing stuff with my friends is just... exhilarating. I might even go up to Chicago in August with friends I definitely haven't seen in a really long time. That would make me very happy indeed.

Songs to consider:

Broken Hearts (Greyson Chance)

No comments: