...there is no place on God's great earth where you could go to hide from me.
Firstly, my birthday turned out to be....AWESOME!!! I mean, really. It was pretty great. No headaches, no trouble, no people I dislike. It was filled with just fun times and friends. Finally a good one. :)
Anyway, I didn't get to go to Buffalo Wild Wings like I wanted. We showed up and I (conveniently) forgot it was a fight night. So it was packed. Full. And it was cold so of course we didn't want to sit on the patio. So we left with our heads hung and discussed our options. One of 'em, Aaron or Heather, mentioned Hooters cause it had a similar atmosphere, so I agreed. Turns out they were showing the fight too, but still had open tables. It was pretty good. Our waitress was really forgetful, but she was nice enough. Aaron and Heather volunteered that it was my birthday, so of course I had to expect some embarrassing display. I was right, but it was more so than I was thinking it would be. I was made to hoolahoop (you read that correctly) in front of the entire fight night crowd. And anyone that knows me knows that I can't do that. It was still fun and funny and I got a lot of "happy birthdays" from the crowd, so all was forgiven.
After dinner we went back to Heather's place, which I thought we were doing just to pick people up. Turns out, there was cake! And I am talking CAKE! It was awesome. I will include a picture at the end. A Harry Potter cake. It was a conglomeration of cookies, cake, ice cream cones and LOTS of frosting of all colors. Plus, it had lots of decorations. Like a pair of glasses and a "wand" that was really a chop stick. I loved it. Heather has a great imagination. So anyway, Heather's roomie Megan and her bf Mike were there, then her sister Amber, Amber's fiancé Joey and Aaron's friend Allison along with her girlfriend Mandi all came over. We had cake, we chatted, it was good times.
Amber and Joey left after cake, then the rest of us went bowling. It was pretty awesome, no lie. Originally we were going to go to a nice little place, but it closed before 12, so we decided to do the Lunar Bowl thing cause it was open til 2. We bowled and we drank and we had shots at midnight and just had fun in general. I think we were all super tired though. I passed out almost as soon as I got home. After we left, Allison and Mandi took me home (turns out Mandi lives only a few miles from me). So I slept a few hours, woke up and my mom made biscuits and gravy, went back to sleep, woke up again when my aunt and uncle came over. We had more cake and they decorated and sang to me. It was a nice little affair. Then I went back to sleep before I had to work.
All in all, it was a good birthday weekend. I love my friends and family and I'm glad I have them around.
So...to the second thing I wanted to talk about. A guy at work asked me out. Like, he didn't directly ask for a while, he was sort of vague. He just started working there a few weeks ago and I sort of got the vibe that he might have liked me, but he was dating some girl, so I just shrugged it off. I know a lot of guys like that. Well anyway, tonight he told me he broke up with his girlfriend and asked if he could talk to me about it sometime cause he didn't really want the opinion of his guy friends. I said okay, thinking whatever and went about my business. Later during the night we exchanged phone numbers and still, whatever. But after work I was running errands and he called me. He was sort of awkward, but asked me if I kind of got that he was trying to ask me out. I thought it was funny though. So he asked directly and I said sure, still completely unsure about going out with anyone at this point. So...I'm sort of freaking out about it, but I guess it's not in a bad way. It's just been a rough year so far and I don't know if I'm ready to invest in any sort of relationship, even if it's just a date or two. I mean, I've thought about dating in the last few months, but it always seems to come back to me in a sort of repulsed way. I don't really know how to describe it, but...I guess the only way to know if I'm ready and willing to go out with anyone is to try. I asked Aaron about it too and he agrees (not that Aaron is a great person to ask advice from, but I trust his judgement).
So that's that. Birthday was good, a maybe date, work. Life goes on. We shall see if I can keep myself together. Right now though, I'm hungry and I'm tired and I don't have anything else to say.
Songs to consider:
Lonely, Lonely (Taking Back Sunday)
No comments:
Post a Comment