15 August 2008

This world will never be what I expected

It's amazing how the time passes quickly when you finally don't want it to. I find my last day of apartment living was actually my first day of healthy socializing in a very long time. I spent my entire summer with the same people, doing the same things. Now that people are returning to this...adopted town of mine, I am getting a lot more attention than I've gotten used to. I find it odd that people automatically think you've been gone as long as they have. They are enthusiastic about returning and wanting to know what your summer was like when really, you were there the whole time.

With all the hub bub of moving back to campus and seeing all those fresh young faces, my world seems a little topsy turvy. I also met the male version of me today. And it was weird and kinda scary. Creepy too, just for good measure. I feel like I should apologize a little for being so cynical and overly sarcastic, but it was refreshing to meet someone as open to being less than optimistic as a lifestyle.

I think that I am looking forward to the start of a new term, but only in a social sense. I miss the people and the random goings on, but I could do without all the work. I was setting up my schedule and I dislike when I have to fit in 5 or 6 long meetings a week in addition to classes and work. Seems to just drain me of all my non-existent energy. In other news, the conference is 86 days away from being over. 86 days away from the conclusion of a two year chapter of my life.

Maybe I'll feel accomplished then, because I certainly feel nothing as of now. I'm sure it doesn't help to have everything be nearly intangible. Hard to grasp mental work over physical results. 86 days.

As for graduating, I almost don't care anymore. I just want out of here. Far and away. And I'm sure once I'm gone, I'll wish to be back, but I'll let that day come when it does and for now just let sleeping dogs lie.

Words to remember: "A sober, straight face gets you out of your clothes."

Songs to consider:

Never Too Late (Three Days Grace)
Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis (Brand New)
Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley)

No comments: