I find myself hauntingly...and desperately, alone. Now that my conference is over and all of my friends have magically found themselves with physical comfort, I can't help but notice that I am still without. There's this feeling inside that's gnawing at me. Something that's telling me there's a void. A void I can't fill alone. And I have to admit, I am guilty of devising ways to fill it, but all I can chalk that up to is mild daydreaming and fantasy. Dreams can only hold you for so long before they just make it more evident that you are alone and lonely. I feel like such a baby, whining about needing someone. But I can't help it. There's only so much you can get from friends before you stop sharing things. Before you secretly hide feelings because of who you're with or what you want and don't have.
Is it so hard to ask for companionship? Someone to which I can say things no one else knows. Someone to hold and be held by, when happy or sad. Someone to argue with and make up to. It would seem that no one is there for me and though I find no rush to be settled into life, it might help me a little to know that I'm loved by someone who I can love it return. If you're out there, I'm here. Waiting. Hoping. Holding back the tears.
Songs to consider:
The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows (Brand New)
No comments:
Post a Comment