09 January 2009

I'm not so naive, my sorry eyes can see

Living proof that restraint is not only possible, but preferred. I have this nasty habit of feeling guilty when I express my anger to those who cause it, but if I can manage to be graceful about it and carefully avoid throwing a temper tantrum, I do actually feel good about myself.

Today was filled with a lot of ups and downs. I'll be the first to admit that I am hard pressed to control my emotions at times, but those mood swings are usually a more private affair and the cause and effect is not so widespread. Heh. I wonder what tomorrow will be like. Will it be as outrageous as today, or will problems solve themselves with a little more finesse?

One more thing. I have decided, and I am certainly not the only one, that the term "rules are rules" can only be used if you are a coward. If you disagree, I suggest taking a careful look at any situation where you did not want to feel guilt over rules being broken. I'd be willing to bet that you were the coward then and I can only hope you've learned from the shameful experience. I have, and I hope to prove myself right. I'm not be self-righteous or anything, but I know that this time, I'm right and there's not much more that can be accomplished after that fact.

I think it's that time where a little bit of music and heat need mix with my mental exhaustion to produce a healthy dose of restless dreaming, but still somewhat satisfying sleep. Until the conclusion of my next adventure, I hope this satisfies you.

Songs to consider:

For A Pessimist, You're Pretty Optimistic (Paramore)

No comments: