I'm feeling some inexpressible emotion, like...frustration and...impatience and...something else I can't even understand. But I'm not frustrated or impatient with anything that I can verbalize. No person or thing has given me reason to feel these feelings, so I'm at a loss to describe it. The best I can do is to explain it away by blaming myself for the frustration and impatience. I'm not sure if that'll help at all, but...maybe.
These first weeks of school are always weird to me. I mean, it's the same every semester, but it's also completely different and complicated. I don't have homework, my meetings are swift and work is just about as boring as always. I feel compelled to continue in my quest to write a book, but I'm always afraid I don't have the time to devote to a real effort and thus lose all the potential writing time while I worry. A conundrum.
I think I will try though. Writing makes the rest of the world feel like somebody else's problem. I'm wondering how much I'll get done by the time conference season comes around. It's always busier this time of year and I want to see how much I can get out of me before I become too distracted. I've got the weekend, with it's extra day, to work. I'm confident I'll get something done, even if it's more editing.
Songs to consider:
We Are Broken (Paramore)
No comments:
Post a Comment