I think I hear thunder. It's supposed to rain here for the next couple of days. Anything is better than snow. I really just don't like it anymore. It's pretty and all, but driving in it, walking in it, dealing with the cold and the wet...I don't like it. Spring, come to me!
In other news, I really don't like March. It's always a tumultuous month for me. School always sucked the most and the weather was usually just wet. Plus, my personal life just seems to spiral. I blame it on St. Pats. Maybe this March won't be too bad. No school, no St Pats.
In still more news, I started my job yesterday. It went well. I'm tired as hell and my muscles are sore, but the work is generally busy and rewarding so I don't get too caught up in it. It's fun having co-workers again. They whine and complain sometimes, but you know they don't hate it too much. I gave another new guy a ride home too. He lives like, a mile and a half away, but it was 5:30 in the morning and I know I wouldn't personally want to walk after working all night. Nice kid, but a little chatty sometimes. I consider it my good deed. Told him I'd give him a ride any night we worked the same shift. That way I feel good about doing something for someone else AND he doesn't have to walk home in the middle of the night. Win-win I'd say.
So, I've been keeping up with this rage going on about Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and her short hair and clothing preference. It makes me so mad that actual adult people are criticizing a 3-year-old for dressing like a boy. Seriously? I know first hand what it's like to be a girl and I spent many years absolutely hating my long hair. Every three days my mom would wash it and sit me down on the stairs to comb it. I would cry for the 45 minutes it took, then she'd braid it and leave it that way for another three days. I mean, that was torture to me as a kid. I hated it. And I sometimes hated my mom for it too. You ever wonder why my hair is so short nowadays?
And the clothes? She's 3! I literally tore dresses off of myself when I was that age. I even hated when my clothes were pink and purple, even if they were t-shirts and shorts. When I was really little, I wore my brother's hand me downs and I am no worse for it. Just because her parents can afford any item of clothing imaginable does not me the kid is gonna like it. I applaud them for letting her wear what she wants. Now when she starts school I'm sure some restraint will be added to her apparel, but why now? She's just gonna play and get dirty anyway.
I just hate reading stuff like, she's being turned into a boy or, her mother is pushing her bisexuality onto her. Who seriously thinks this? It sickens me to hear people go on about how unhealthy it is for a girl to be a tomboy. I thought we were further than this. But anyway, I think she's an adorable little kid and I hope those people that think any less are never allowed to have children. They are complete morons. Just know that when I have kids, they can dress however they like as long as it's appropriate for the activity we are doing. Hell, if we're home and they wanna run around in their underwear and pretend to be superheroes, that's cool with me. I like a kid with imagination. It's healthy. And by the looks of it, Shiloh is one imaginative and healthy kid.
Okay, stepping off my soapbox now. Wow, for being bored, I really did go on for a while. I'll stop now. I'm sure whoever (if anyone) reads this probably has something better to do. :)
Songs to consider:
Woe (Say Anything)
No comments:
Post a Comment