Work was alright. I'm so used to being gogogo all night that I was actually a little bored this morning. I won't be back on the register until Friday night, so I won't really have to worry about being bored anymore. Though things did get a little crazy at one point. A guy came in and bought some groceries, a glass bottle of milk included. He just had me throw it on top of a bag of flour. I worried aloud that it might make the bag break, but he said that it was alright. Not ten minutes later he comes back in my line with nail clippers. Don't you just hate forgetting something? He still had his groceries and as he was about to pay me again, he dropped the milk and the bottle broke in half. No need for an, "I told you so" though...the huge puddle of milk said it for me. So we got that all cleaned up and the guy insisted on buying another bottle of milk (even though we would have gotten reimbursed for the broken one). He lays his money down on the conveyor belt and it just slides right through. Awesome. I ended up having to take the panel off from underneath the belt and sticking my hand through a spiderweb to retrieve the money. All in all, an eventful 10 minutes. That was about as exciting as it got though.
I got home and as soon as I walked in the door, I could smell the trash can from the kitchen. So I gathered all the trash and cleaned out the fridge of questionable leftovers and expired food and hauled three bulging bags of rubbish to the dumpster. Ugh. I feel like no one else ever does anything to clean up around here. And I definitely work the most on my feet and use the kitchen the least. Hmm. Oh, well. It's done now, so there's no point in whining.
I'm real tired now. I didn't even get out of bed til nearly nine last night so I don't really know what's got me so sleepy already (only 12 hours later). I'm gonna finish watching Extreme Makeover and probably pass out for the day. Supposed to go see Date Night tonight. We'll see if that still goes down. I hope it does though...I want to see the movie. :)
Songs to consider:
Swing (Taking Back Sunday)
Soluble Words (On)
No comments:
Post a Comment