It's been a long week. Five days of work down, just two left to go. Luckily I finally don't have to wake up for anything in particular tonight. Not until work, at least. I've got at least 11 hours to sleep if I so wish. I don't wish, but only because it would feel like I missed the whole day. That is a feeling I get a lot these days. Sometimes I wonder if working nights is just an excuse not to have a life. I don't feel as pressured to get out and do stuff. Everyone seems to think that working nights it supposed to take a bigger physical and emotional toll on a person, so they give you a little slack. Sometimes.
Anyway... I got my hair cut finally. It's very...feminine (?) now. I still don't see how I looked like a boy before, but I'd be shocked if I got another sir for a while. Not unless I'm wearing a ball cap or something. We'll see. After said cut, I went out to dinner with the potential future roommate. We don't spend a whole lot of time together just the two of us, so it was nice just to chill for a while. We went to an Asian place called, appropriately enough, Asian Tiger. It was a little pricier than we were hoping for, but my food tasted quite delicious. I always like when the rice is actually sticky. Yum. I also had real sushi for the first time. I've had vegetarian sushi before, but that seems to defy the whole point of sushi, don't you think? It was alright. A little spicy for my liking, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that not all sushi tastes the same. I'd be willing to venture out and try it again.
Dinner came and went, I dropped by a friends house and borrowed a suitcase for my vacation on my way home. I was there for all of 30 seconds I think. He wasn't there, so his roommate let me in and it just felt really weird being there alone essentially. I was a little creeped out. I think I can rule out a career in breaking and entering. I just feel unwelcome or something. Good thing I can make the quick getaway.
Made it home in time to prise my mother off the couch and go to Target. She's been bugging me for days to help her pick out some sunglasses to take with us. Though the way she's talking about the weather, it doesn't look like we'll be needing those much anyway. We'll see though. We got a few travel essentials as well. And generally just wandered the store. Got birthday cards for my brother. We're celebrating on Saturday since we'll be gone for his actual birthday next Tuesday. I feel kinda bad...but I haven't actually been around for any of his birthdays since he turned 18. School can kinda detract from your presence 200 miles away. And now I'll be about 3500 miles away. Poor guy. I did buy him a cake though! Shelled out the big bucks since I didn't know the first thing about making a Star Wars cake. I hope he likes it.
Somehow I've got to fit in a birthday shindig, getting my mother a haircut and hanging with friends all on Saturday. This is also when I would like to be sleeping after my seven day work week. I have a feeling I won't be doing much of that. Oh, well. I've got travel on Sunday so I'm just going to assume I'll be generally lacking in the sleep area until I crawl into my hotel bed in Miami Sunday night. It happens.
Also, I'm hoping work goes just as well tonight as it did last night/this morning. It was so...quiet. Weirdly so. There were only five of us and not a whole lot to do. I left at ten to five and that was after I had an extra break during my shift. Some of the guys stayed to ensure they got their eight hours, but I'm running pretty close to E already. I didn't mind taking the hit and losing an hour. I've already watched Bones and Criminal Minds and CSI: NY. I'm caught up and then some as it were. More sleep time for me tonight!
Speaking of sleep, I'm gonna go there now. Or at least soon. My mind is all kinda fuzzy right at the moment, so I need to clear out some thoughts before I can dream good dreams.
Also, since I'll be MIA next week, expect to see some back logs again. I don't think anyone actually reads this, so it's mostly just for my benefit. :)
Sway (Lostprophets)
No comments:
Post a Comment