28 April 2010

Off the coast and I'm headed nowhere

I was right, herniated disc. Not that I get any pleasure from being right, but still...

Anyway, I worked three nights in a row in pain, the last of which was just pretty horrible. I have orders from the doctor not to lift, twist, bend or stoop, so that limited my functionality at work, but they still managed to find something for me to do. It would have been nicer if I didn't have to stand the whole time, as that's when it's most painful, but I somehow managed to get through. Not sure how, though. The doc also gave me medicine, and while it doesn't take the pain away, it does make it a lot less painful. I feel a little out of it too. A week and a half down, a month to go... Or less, hopefully.

Did I share that I'm getting a puppy? I can't remember if I did, so I'll share (again) anyway. So...I'm getting a puppy! I'm so excited. The puppies in the litter are about 5 weeks old now, so I only have a few more weeks to wait. I'm hoping to get a certain one, but I don't know how good my chances are yet. The puppies are half beagle, half black lab mixes. They are adorable. The one I want is a boy and he had brown on his front legs and over his eyes, but other than that he's black with a while chest. I'll put up a pic of all of them together at the bottom. He's really laid back, which is what I like about him. I really can't wait. :)

Also, I'm moving out. Probably not til the beginning of June, but having that on the horizon is nice. The place we (me and my friend Heather) are looking at is on the same road as my work, just seven miles down. It's about the same distance as I travel now too, so that'll be nice. I drove by the complex a few days ago to give a look and it's right next to a nice big grocery store and minutes from just about any other place I'd need to go. Plus, there's a new little pet store within walking distance. I stopped by to look around and talked to a girl that worked there about my future puppy. She gave me some food samples and suggested I bring him in when I get him to have him fitted for a collar and a kennel. They carry only healthy pet food and treats, so that's pretty great too. And I can take him there to be groomed or wash him myself. In all, it's a nice store to have literally right across the street. I can't wait to move in there just as much as I can't wait to get my puppy. It's going to be awesome. Plus, I've been working a lot lately, so I keep that up, I won't have to worry so much about affording a new dog and a new apartment. I'm hoping it all works out.

I'm thinking of watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy sometime soon, but maybe I won't start it until my next night off of work. Probably better to watch re-runs of Bones til I pass out tonight. That's always a good way to go.


This is my friend Morgan with all the puppies. The one I really want is the second from the right.

Songs to consider:

Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble
Heart Heart Heartbreak - Boys Like Girls
Brick - Ben Folds Five

No comments: