12 September 2007

Burning Bright

I've tasted something sweet and now I can't have it anymore. It's one of life's real cruelties. I just want to keep something, anything, for longer than a moment. Moments are fleeting and even if they burn you, the feeling is gone too fast. I don't want to go. I keep distracting myself with strange things, just to pretend I'm happy.

Things that make me happy:

Plaid shorts
Ink pens
The sound of typing
Soft t-shirts
My tongue piercing
Finnigan (my penguin)
My Harley hat
Gay boyfriends
Kissing
Sharpies
Cereal
Accomplishing things
Driving
MUSIC!
Singing
Writing/doodling on my hands
Taking pictures
Stripes
Baby kittens
Cool nights
Rain
Warm sunshine on my skin
The way buttons on TV remotes feel
People running their fingertips over my fingernails
Playing with people's hair
Making funny faces
Laughing
Reading on a rainy day
Sunday afternoons with Jacob
Counting change
Lilies
Creeks
Cuddling
Sleeping next to someone I love
Thinking about people
Dreaming
Drumming my fingers on things
Poking fun at my friends
Falling in love
Throwing things
Texting people who are sitting right next to me
Sleeping in late
Chewing on pen caps
Drinking milk
Watching movies late at night
Adventures on school nights
Organizing things
People watching
Star-gazing
Traveling

Wow, I feel a lot better. :)

Songs to consider:

Seventy Times Seven (Brand New)

No comments: