Life sometimes seems to culminate into one great moment of indecision. It's where you have to do something, but nothing seems to satisfy that desire. I feel like all the desire in me is restless. I want to jump off a bridge, drive a thousand miles and profess my undying love on national television all at the same time...and I can't. I took a shot of whiskey earlier and it's barely keeping me calm enough to write. I feel the darkness consuming me. I want to do things that require boldness. I want to be brash and tell people what I want to say for once. I'm not angry or bitter, but some people need to be told certain things and it's up to me to tell them. Who doesn't want the truth?
I want all of these things and I can get them, but at a price. Why is nothing ever free? You can't just have that night of irresponsible behavior where you drink beyond your limit, fool around with your best friends crush and wake up in a strange place with a new tattoo in a place you'd never get a tattoo sober. That may be exaggerated, but it's true. Since when is rational thought important? What does logic really have to do with anything?
All of this comes to a head. Wait it out, or dive right in?
Songs to consider:
Burning Bright (Shinedown)
Shine On (Jet)
No comments:
Post a Comment