What to say. Things have been...slightly more than normal lately. A few days back I realized that I was a senior (for real this time) and that everything I'm doing is seriously the last time I'll be doing it. My last college halloween, my last MACURH, my last Thanksgiving break, my last Winter finals week. Last everything. It just sorta hit me all at once. And then my advisor asked me what I was thinking about doing when I graduated and that just added to my confusion. Frankly, I have no idea. I want to join the Peace Corps, but part of me wants to have a few months off and relax for once, but I know I'd get tired of that super quick. So I don't know anymore. I am running out of time.
In other news, I didn't do ANY homework this weekend. Not one tiny bit. I hung out with peeps, and I napped and I went out and stayed in. I went to an alumni dinner all dressed up fancy, then I hung out with old friends some more. Then today I went up to the STL and went shopping and then to the Rock Band Live Tour with Panic at the Disco, Dashboard Confessional, Plain White T's and The Cab. I do have to say that I enjoyed myself very much. I especially liked when Dashboard and The Cab played So What by Pink in this middle of Dashboard's set. It was pretty awesome. And then Panic ended the concert with a rendition of Shout. So great! The Cab was pretty cool for an opening. Let's face it, most opening acts are usually absolute crap and not worth paying attention to, but The Cab was pretty damned good. I even bought their CD. I feel it was a good investment. And I'm so so happy that Panic didn't suck. Everyone I've ever heard from that's seen them live says they suck. I guess they've gotten better, but I really enjoyed their set. Dashboard was awesome too. And Plain White T's had me the whole time. I wish I had their new CD but I plan to get it and Dashboard's latest when I get paid again. Good times.
At any rate, new music is amazing and fun times with friends. I know I should be sleeping and that I'll be dead on my feet tomorrow, but I feel that the day and tonight was worth the suffering of tomorrow.
Now I've got myself thinking about things again. Not anything too serious. But it's just one of those times where everything I do and say and feel weighs more on my mind than it usually does. I think listening to live music does that to me. Kind of like when you go to the theatre and see a really heavy on the mind kind of movie that changes the way you think for a while. I like that feeling. It helps take the monotony away.
But alas, I really must sleep. I can listen to The Cab and chill and hopefully sleep real good for 5 hours. I'm out.
Songs to Consider:
That 70's Song (The Cab)
Big Bad World (Plain White T's)
No comments:
Post a Comment