09 October 2008

You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back

It's amazing how freeing a thought can be. How anxiety can turn into carefree spirit. How venting and complaining can make the sun shine a little brighter.

My weekend started today and for some reason, even knowing all of the work I have to do, I feel energized and relieved. At least for now, for this moment, I don't have to worry about making it on time. Making someone else happy or appeasing someone else to hear a little less complaining. I'm in a singing mood. I just want to jump around and belt out terrible singing skills and just release a little delayed energy. And now I absolutely can't wait to go to the Panic concert on the 19th. I think it'll be a well deserved break from the monotony of a hectic life. I'll be able to sing and whoop and holler all I want and I'm sure I won't even be looked at funny. I'm okay with that.

I feel like having a photo shoot. Cameras and laughter and relief. Smiles and screams and tussles. Great seeping relief to feel human again. Enjoying the warmth of humanity and carelessness. Love and energy and sunshine. It all makes me smile a little more.

Songs to consider:

My Blue Heaven (Taking Back Sunday)
Atrophy (The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus)
I Constantly Thank God For Esteban (Panic at the Disco)
I'm Waiting (The All American Rejects)

No comments: